Studios in King Street, Great Yarmouth

 

 

King Street developed as a studio location from the mid-1870s, combining with already-popular Regent Road to provide the town’s main concentration of photographers. 

Dates of studio occupation are approximate. More precise details appear under directory entries.

 

King Street studios:

 

number 14:

Sawyer & Bird

1878-1883

Elizabeth Miller

1888-1901

 

number 14a:

Elizabeth Miller

1900-1901

Alfred Yallop

1904-1916 and later

 

number 26:

Alfred Price

1888-1896

Frank Sayers

1900-1901 (The studio had probably changed

hands by 1897.)

 

number 28:

Frank Sayers

1904-1916 or later

 

number 134a:

Dinsdale & Laxon

1911-1912 or later

H H Laxon

1913-1916 or later

 

number 157:

Oriental Photo Co

1908-1916 or later

Albert Dinsdale

1913-1916 or later

Mirror Studio

1916, possibly later

 

number 182:

Sawyer & Bird

1874-1875

Frederick Treble

1878-1879

Wallace Miller

1881

London Photographic Co

1888

 

(Paul Godfrey reports that, in later years, 26 King Street became for a time a branch of the Sarony chain of studios.)

 

Go to:

Regent Road studios

 

Miller studios

 

Norfolk directory

 

Home page